Eidos Montreal and Nixxes have just released the Second PC patch for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, build 18.104.22.168, that was released on September 14 for Windows PC.
The patch focuses primarily on compatibility issues related to performance, game controllers, and stability.
Fixes included in this patch:
- A variety of fixes for issues that could cause framerate stutters on specific PC setups.
- Added warning message for when the game does not have access to the ‘Documents’ folder to write save data.
- One common reason for failures is Windows Defender ‘Protected Folders’ feature. If you have problems with your game not being saved, please consider disabling ‘Protected Folders’.
- Changes to make Exclusive Fullscreen more robust. This specifically relates to problems that occur when other applications or tools like overlays hook into the game.
- For best stability we recommend that you play without enabling any 3rd party tools that influence the game.
- Added native support for PS4 controllers connected to your PC via Bluetooth.
- When using Steam Input:
- Game now provides default configurations for Xbox, PS4, and other controllers.
- Updates to Steam Controller configuration.
- Rumble support for Steam Controller.
- Changes to ensure BitDefender and other AV products are less likely to block the game.
- A variety of smaller fixes related to functionality, performance, and stability.