Crystal Dynamics and Nixxes have just released the sixth PC patch for Rise of the Tomb Raider, build 1.0.647.2, that was released on January 26 for Windows PC.
This patch adds updates related to the new Cold Darkness Awakened game content, as well as a variety of other fixes.
DLC – Cold Darkness Awakened
Decommissioned during the Cold War, a dormant weapons research base has been breached, unleashing a mysterious affliction into the Siberian wilderness that transforms men into blood-thirsty, mindless killers. Lara must overcome increasingly dangerous waves of these infected adversaries while scavenging their equipment and crafting additional gear on the fly, in kill or be killed survival-combat. Fight for your life against new enemies and complete new challenges, while discovering a way to stop or perhaps even reverse this impending catastrophe. Includes the Ushanka outfit which reduces Lara’s damage from melee attacks, the devastating Voidhammer shotgun, and the Cold Darkness Awakened Card Pack which includes over 15 new Expedition Cards.
Cold Darkness Awakened will be available to Season Pass holders as well as for individual purchase at 9:00am PDT.
Gameplay / Progression fixes
- Fixed an issue in the Byzantine Bath House that occasionally prevented Lara from interacting with the crank on the raft.
- Fixed an issue in the Byzantine Bath House where the raft physics could become erratic and break the puzzle.
- Fixed several issues with the basecamp after completing Baba Yaga that could prevent players from accessing outfits or fast travel until the checkpoint was reloaded.
- Added chance to loot Deer Antlers from resource chests in Endurance.
Minor Gameplay fixes
- Prevented achievement progress for ‘Season of the Witch’ and ‘Complete History of Witchcraft’ from being obtained in Replay Mode.
- Prevented Survival Caches obtained in Replay Mode from counting towards ‘The Witch Bottles’ achievement.
- Added a default Gold Star for Baba Yaga in Score Attack mode after completing it.
- Disabled ability to select the ‘Cocktail Party’ challenge in the Witch’s Cave in Baba Yaga.
- Fixed appearance of the Wraithskin and Valiant Explorer outfits in some core campaign cinematics.
- Prevented Lanterns in the Ropeworks from counting twice in Score Attack mode.
- Added cosmetic improvements to the final cinematic in Baba Yaga.
- Additional miscellaneous fixes to Baba Yaga and Endurance mode traversal.
– Some improvements to stereoscopic 3D rendering.
– A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
The patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.
If you are using the game on the Window Store, the update will be available in a few days, and will automatically download as it becomes available.