Crystal Dynamics has released the fourth patch for Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox One. An Xbox 360 update is to follow later this week.
The fourth patch is very large. You will be prompted to download the patch upon your next play session.
Cold Darkness Awakened – Available March 29th for Season Pass holders and for individual purchase.
Decommissioned during the Cold War, a dormant weapons research base has been breached, unleashing a mysterious affliction into the Siberian wilderness that transforms men into blood-thirsty, mindless killers. Lara must overcome increasingly dangerous waves of these infected adversaries while scavenging their equipment and crafting additional gear on the fly, in kill or be killed survival-combat. Fight for your life against new enemies and complete new challenges, while discovering a way to stop or perhaps even reverse this impending catastrophe. Includes the Ushanka outfit, which reduces Lara’s damage from melee attacks, the devastating Voidhammer shotgun, and the Cold Darkness Awakened Card Pack which includes over 15 new Expedition Cards.
Gameplay / Progression Fixes
- Fixed random and extended gameplay crashes in Endurance Mode (Xbox 360).
- Fixed issue in Endurance where the player was unable to harvest resources (Xbox 360).
- Fixed an issue in the Byzantine Bath House that occasionally prevented Lara from interacting with the crank on the raft.
- Fixed an issue in the Byzantine Bath House where the raft physics could become erratic and break the puzzle.
- Fixed issue in the Voice of God tomb where the door shuts after backtracking from Baba Yaga (Xbox 360).
- Fixed several issues with the basecamp after completing Baba Yaga that could prevent players from accessing outfits or fast travel until the checkpoint was reloaded.
- Added chance to loot Deer Antlers from resource chests in Endurance.
Minor Gameplay Bug Fixes
- Prevented achievement progress for ‘Season of the Witch’ and ‘Complete History of Witchcraft’ from being obtained in Replay Mode.
- Prevented Survival Caches obtained in Replay Mode from counting towards ‘The Witch Bottles’ achievement.
- Added a default Gold Star for Baba Yaga in Score Attack mode after completing it.
- Disabled ability to select the ‘Cocktail Party’ challenge in the Witch’s Cave in Baba Yaga.
- Fixed appearance of the Wraithskin and Valiant Explorer outfits in some core campaign cinematics (XB1 only).
- Prevented Lanterns in the Ropeworks from counting twice in Score Attack mode.
- Added cosmetic improvements to the final cinematic in Baba Yaga.
- Additional miscellaneous fixes to Baba Yaga and Endurance mode traversal.
Rise of the Tomb Raider builds upon the formula that made Tomb Raider a success, and features the return of Camilla Luddington as Lara Croft. Camilla will take character performance to new heights as Lara pushes herself beyond human limits and is confronted with what it means to become a hero. Once again, Crystal Dynamics is proud to have the award-winning author Rhianna Pratchett as a key member of the writing team, helping craft a story that delves into Lara’s inner turmoil and motivations in this critical second act of her journey.