Crystal Dynamics and Nixxes have just released the fifth PC patch for Rise of the Tomb Raider, build 1.0.638.6, that was released on January 26 for Windows PC.
The patch adds support for two major new technology features into the game, and by doing so allows for both great new visuals, as well as improved performance on specific systems.
- Added support for DirectX 12
- DirectX 12 is a new advanced graphics API that on the right hardware can offer far better performance.
- For the best DX12 performance and stability please install the latest drivers for your GPU.
- For NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/99512/en-us
- For AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD_Radeon_Software_Crimson_Edition_16.3.aspx
- Adds NVIDIA VXAO Ambient Occlusion technology. This is the world’s most advanced real-time AO solution, specifically developed for NVIDIA Maxwell hardware. (Steam Only)
- Added a new benchmark feature to allow easy comparison of performance on different systems, as well as at different graphics settings.
- Fixed some HBAO+ and other Ambient Occlusion issues.
- Fixed motion blur problems in Stereoscopic 3D mode.
- A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
The patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.
If you are using the game on the Window Store, the update will be available in a few days, and will automatically download as it becomes available.