Crystal Dynamics and Nixxes have just released the third PC patch for Rise of the Tomb Raider, build 1.0.623.2, that was released on January 26 for Windows PC.
This is a smaller patch fixing some issues that have been reported by the players. Nixxes will have a larger update for the next patch!
- Added new option to disable the camera automatically centering behind the player when strafing.
- Fixed problems where animals may not appear on a 2nd play-through of the game.
- Fixed a problem where occasionally the door to the Voice of God tomb is closed and cannot be opened.
- Fixed a problem causing the game to not start on machines with 32 or more hardware threads.
- Fixed some foliage flickering when Dynamic Foliage is set to High while the game is running 30fps or lower.
- Fixed artifacts when SSAO/HBAO+ was enabled in combination with SSAA.
- A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
The patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.
If you are using the game on the Window Store, the update will be available in a few days, and will automatically download as it becomes available.