Crystal Dynamics has released the first patch for Rise of the Tomb Raider, that will be available today in North America for Xbox One and Xbox 360.
The day one 825MB large patch fixes a lot. If you are playing a digital download of Rise of the Tomb Raider, the day one patch already has been rolled into the download. If you have purchased a physical copy of the game, you will be prompted to download the patch upon your first play session.
PATCH 1 DETAILS
- Resolved an issue where the player will become trapped by an invisible wall over the stairs after fast travelling to the Soviet Facility basecamp
- Resolved an issue where the player may encounter an invisible wall inside the interior of the Soviet Copper Mill when returning after completing the game
- Resolved an issue where moveable objects in the Abandoned Mines may act erratic when coming into contact with the player
- Resolved an issue where the player will be unable to use the climbing axe to melee attack NPCs after the flamethrower battle in Geothermal Valley, until meeting up with Sophia again
- Resolved an issue where, rarely, an NPC will not spawn and prevent the fight in the Gulag prison from progressing
- Resolved an issue where, rarely, the player will encounter an invisible wall where the gate was after the first combat encounter in Path of the Deathless
- Prevented an issue where purchasing the Enhancement Tool before receiving the other two crafting tools, and then dying before hitting a checkpoint, can cause the tool to be removed from the player’s inventoryv
- Prevented an issue where the well cover in the Abandoned Mines may be present after returning in post-game, blocking 100% completion
- Prevented an issue where user is unable to craft grenade arrows if they break the barrier in the Acropolis using the grenade launcher
- Prevented an issue where, occasionally, quest givers will be misplaced in the environment when returning with a completed mission
- Changed experience point distribution in the early portion of the game
- And additional bug fixes, visual polish, and optimizations
Rise of the Tomb Raider builds upon the formula that made Tomb Raider a success, and features the return of Camilla Luddington as Lara Croft. Camilla will take character performance to new heights as Lara pushes herself beyond human limits and is confronted with what it means to become a hero. Once again, Crystal Dynamics is proud to have the award-winning author Rhianna Pratchett as a key member of the writing team, helping craft a story that delves into Lara’s inner turmoil and motivations in this critical second act of her journey.