For generations, stories have been told of the fearsome weapon of the Norse god Thor. Legend holds that he who wields the hammer has the power to smash mountains into valleys and the strength to destroy even the gods. For more than a thousand years it has existed only as a myth? until now…
In an ancient ruin on the floor of the Mediterranean Sea, Lara Croft uncovers proof of the Norse underworld and the mythical hammer. As she attempts to unravel the secrets behind these myths, Lara?s perilous journey leads her toward a forgotten power that, if unleashed, could lay waste to all civilization.
PC, Xbox360, PS3, PS2 and Wii FEATURES
- Master your surroundings: Reach new heights with the broadest range of acrobatic abilities and utilize objects within the environment to uncover new paths to explore.
- Explore epic and unknown worlds: Discover ancient mysteries of the underworld hidden within the coast of Thailand, frozen islands of the Arctic Sea, the jungles of Mexico, and more.
- Treacherous and unpredictable challenges: Each level is an elaborate multi-stage puzzle masked within an interactive environmental playground offering more flexibility over how the area is solved.
- New range of combat options: Choose to pacify or kill, target multiple enemies at once with the new dual-target system, and shoot with one hand while suspended with the other.
- New state-of-the-art gear: Utilize the latest technology in Lara?s upgraded inventory to navigate the world including:
– Active Sonar map: A revolutionary new tool that emits an active sonar ping to create a 3D image of Lara?s surroundings, perfect for uncovering hidden items and locations.
– Multi-purpose grapple: A claw-like device with a high-tension cable designed for climbing, rappelling, performing wall runs and manipulating objects within the environment.
– All-terrain hybrid motorbike: A unique vehicle design built to drive on everything from mud to snow and ice.
Html code here! Replace this with any non empty text and that's it.
- Built specifically for the Wii: Level design and environmental challenges are designed to take advantage of the unique capabilities of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.
- Exclusive Multi-Tool: Excavate hidden secrets with this modernized and expanded tool kit that includes:
– Compressed Air Gun: A high-powered instrument used to clear away dirt or silt.
– Acetylene Torch: An advanced, multipurpose torch used to weld metal objects, set fire to objects, and melt ice.
– Chisel: Pry apart objects or chip away sediment in order to discover hidden secrets.
– Pliers: Extract elements from ancient devices.
- Exclusive Active Aim Combat System: The combat system has been enhanced for more fluid character control and more precise aiming with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.
- Expanded Camera Control: Take more control of the camera using the Wii Remote. If the Wii Remote is not pointed at the screen, the camera will follow Lara automatically. If it is pointed at the screen, the game will enter a ?free look? mode.
EXCLUSIVE DS FEATURES
- Developed from the ground up specifically for the DS
- Master your surroundings: Conquer the world utilizing fluid acrobatic abilities along with the grapple and an arsenal of weapons.
- Treacherous and unpredictable challenges: Each level is an elaborate multi-stage puzzle filled with environmental traps to overcome.
- Explore unknown worlds: Discover ancient mysteries of the underworld hidden within the coast of Thailand, frozen islands of the Arctic Sea, the jungles of Mexico, and more.
- Unlock hidden secrets: Collect relics and solve challenges to unlock chests to unlock bonus content. The chests can be stored in the inventory and solved at any point.
- Touch Screen Challenges: Use the touch screen to solve environmental puzzles, unlock chests, access the inventory, and change weapons.
- Supports the Rumble Pak
PC – Xbox 360 – Playstation 3 – Nintendo DS – Nintendo Wii
NA – November 18, 2008
EU – November 21, 2008
EU – January 23, 2009
NA – March 3, 2009
GENRE: third-person action
DEVELOPER: Crystal Dynamics
PUBLISHER: Eidos Interactive